September 8, 2009

Becoming BFFs IRL (Part II)

Continued from our story yesterday (which you can read HERE)…OR you can read HER side of the story HERE


the RaMbLeR: As if we hadn't already had so many road blocks. But we were determined to make sure the kids were gonna go home thinking of how fun it was in Oklahoma! Instead the stupid water park (the REAL one, not just my little makeshift backyard water park) was closed. (see this to find out why)
Luckily, I searched my brain and after a couple of phone calls (my first friend call advised her pool was not open either) we were able to take the very disappointed kids (except Roo, who was back at school and BA, that had been at band camp all week) to my friends neighborhood pool.
What did you think of that?
Mel: That was awesome. And as far as my kids were concerned, we went to a pool and swam. That's what they wanted. Your friends were so nice to let us crash their neighborhood pool, and very nice in person, too! It was a really beautiful setting. I was sure that before we left Aria would head down to the little stream in back and try to catch wildlife. I laughed at the thought that perhaps for the second time that week we were about to load up the kids, promise them pool time, then turn around and go home!! It was probably easier to drag them from this pool than if we HAD hit the waterpark.
the RaMbLeR: I'm so glad they were satisfied with this pool since that was the best we could do at the time. As it was I know SM was NOT happy and did not want to leave when Hubs came to pick him up for football practice. He was having too much fun playing in the water.Cole & mama

If I recall right, we didn't do much else that evening except my Hubby was starting his plague decline about that time so he offered up the big screen and we tried to relax while the kids watched a movie. What movie was that again?
Mel: Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix! Of course you and I were sitting side by side on our lap tops discussing the finer points of the iPhone vs. BlackBerry, so I don't remember much of the movie. But at least no one was puking!
Oh yeah! That's right! I hadn't had my iPhone for very long and you had literally just gotten your Blackberry RIGHT before you left.
It was the next morning that was so fun!

Cole having fun! Love this shot! Double trouble
I loved watching the kids play in the rain! By the way, I was pretty sure that North Dakota had some pretty bad rains not too far back??
This was a better day, and most memorable because after that quick downpour we let the kids run around in all the water on the street. I've never seen so much water disappear so fast. In ND that water would sit for days and breed mosquitoes. OR fill my basement...this year was exceptionally bad for that. Why do you ask?

the RaMbLeR: Because the excitement on the kids faces was as if they had never seen rain before....
I loved watching them play "Follow the Leader"...even if it WAS in the middle of the road!
And to see JC's reaction when I put his sweet little hands in the rain dripping from the roof of my house.

Mel: That was pretty darn cute! I think the shock the kids experienced was that it was still so warm, even soaking wet. It cools off so fast here!!! They all loved being allowed to march through the puddles all they wanted. I was doing laundry anyway! I hated to pack up!!! JC checks it out

most of the kidsrunning in the puddlesfollowing the leader

And they were all red-faced and panting, SM probably wondered what the heck their problem was?!

SM
the RaMbLeR: LOL....I'm not sure he realized they were so hot. He loses track of time (not sure where he gets THAT from...it has to be his father!) so he probably just thought they were getting drinks. haha
I know I sure hated to see you leave! It seemed like you had just gotten here and I still had so much I wanted to show you. I wanted to show you the river walk in our downtown area and we missed the zoo and I would've loved to take you over by the lake...it's beautiful there!
So, I think we have plenty of things to DO for your next trip to come see me again! But can you be sure you leave the palgue back home or wherever...as long as you don't bring it here again?
Mel: I will promise try hard not to get anyone sick again. All told, when our trip was over (I went to WI next) 12 people ended up getting sick. I'm pretty sure the CDC is well aware of my movements now. I still had fun. It was awesome to talk to you without typing or video delay!!! I really wish we lived a little closer. My hubby thinks I'm cracked for travelling alone w/ 4 kids for that distance! Maybe that's why we get along so well....we're both a little crazy, hee hee!

the RaMbLeR: I'm not sure I know what you are talking about - crazy - I didn't drag 4 kids clear from one end of the US almost to the opposite end! CRAZY LADY! But, I am SO glad that YOU are crazy! It was awesome to meet you IRL! It would be wonderful to have you as my neighbor....that friend that could come in my open door and it would be no big deal, just to chat with a cup of coffee in hand. I could see that happening....IF you lived closer! Oh, and I appreciate that your hubby was willing to give you up for all that time so you could come meet me. I guess maybe we ARE both crazy! A lot of people were amazed that I would let an EBFF some stay inside my house for almost a week (cause you could've been some crazy psycho lady). Haha!! I said I already knew you were!
Mel: Hey, I think we got to know each other better than if we'd spent all that time sight seeing! Nothing says TMI like admitting I just peed my pants throwing up in your toilet and changing in the same room together. Really, who does that? Us, I guess !! I truly had a good time despite the plague. I was sad to go and sorta wished I could postpone the rest of my trip to stay longer, now that we were healthy!! My friends said some of the same things... you're driving "where" to meet "who"?? Are you sure about this?
the RaMbLeR: ROFL...PMP...Oh, no that was YOU! I was SO glad we clicked IRL just as well as we did online. That could've been a disaster if it had been otherwise. And, despite our illnesses, I also enjoyed your company and honestly can't waite until the next time. Thank you for trusting and making that trip!
Mel: Thanks for taking us! I'm really glad we did it!

the RaMbLeR: I'm not sure I know what you are talking about - crazy - I didn't drag 4 kids clear from one end of the US almost to the opposite end! CRAZY LADY! But, I am SO glad that YOU are crazy! It was awesome to meet you IRL! It would be wonderful to have you as my neighbor....that friend that could come in my open door and it would be no big deal, just to chat with a cup of coffee in hand. I could see that happening....IF you lived closer! Oh, and I appreciate that your hubby was willing to give you up for all that time so you could come meet me. I guess maybe we ARE both crazy! A lot of people were amazed that I would let an EBFF some stay inside my house for almost a week (cause you could've been some crazy psycho lady). Haha!! I said I already knew you were!
Mel: Hey, I think we got to know each other better than if we'd spent all that time sight seeing! Nothing says TMI like admitting I just peed my pants throwing up in your toilet and changing in the same room together. Really, who does that? Us, I guess !! I truly had a good time despite the plague. I was sad to go and sorta wished I could postpone the rest of my trip to stay longer, now that we were healthy!! My friends said some of the same things... you're driving where to meet who??? Are you sure about this?
the RaMbLeR: ROFL...PMP...Oh, no that was YOU! I was SO glad we clicked IRL just as well as we did online. That could've been a disaster if it had been otherwise. And, despite our illnesses, I also enjoyed your company and honestly can't wait until the next time. Thank you for trusting and making that trip!
Mel: Thanks for taking us! I'm really glad we did it!

IRL

4 other ramblers babbled:

ThatsBaloney said...

Too funny - and not surprising for those that know you. :)
I think it is a good sign. My BFF peed her pants while laughing and changing in a dressing room. We have also rarely had a visit without barf at some point (viral, not alcohol). Good friends always share.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I love it! Friends are great! Laugh, Love, Cry, Puke and Pee- no matter what, their your buds! I am so glad someone else pees their pants when they puke, I thought I was the only one-hated being preggo! Always had a towel or a pad between my leg! LOL, way TMI! I love the blog world!

kel said...

Great friends are hard to find!! I love my besties!!! You guys are lucky to have each other!! Love this story!

programming note: some people have told me that they aren't getting the feed for my blog in their readers since I switched names. You may need to resubscribe (or unfollow and then follow me again.) Sorry for the mixup everyone!!

ss said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!
Angela
angelabrooks741 gmail.com