Totally Talented Tuesday is brought to you by Dee over at Two of a Kind,Working on a Full House. You can head over there to see more talent.

In the Talent spotlight this week is baby Roo. Every Friday morning before we head off to school, I take him to his aqua therapy. He LOVES this therapy! As I get him dressed I ask him if he's ready to go swim. His face lights up, he gets a huge grin, he starts babbling and kicking his feet.

CD is so brave and giggles after the therapist dunks him under the water. The other two boys have always loved the water too but never liked going under the water. The therapist will count to three before she dunks him and he is so smart to know at three he has to start holding his breath. His cute little lips will pucker as he fills his big ole cheeks with air and scrunches his eyes closed. It is adorable!

The pool they have for his therapy is called an 'endless pool'. This just means that it has continuous motion. There is a machine that creates a current which forces him to work harder against the current. This is his favorite. He loves it when she turns the current on and will start swimming (with the therapist holding him and making sure he is working his arms). He has a beautiful butterfly stroke.

Here you will see his mouth is wide open. That is because he is not going under water and is working against the current. He gets so excited and vocal. He doesn't know how to 'talk' but he will open his mouth wide, looking like a baby bird waiting for the worm from his mother, as he forces volume out.



Tuesday's Tribute
A Jay and Deb Production.

11 other ramblers babbled:

Dee said...

YAY! Look at him go! That is so great how he gets all excited about it! :)

Abby said...

How fun! He looks like a good little swimmer. My little guy loves to swim too! We were supposed to start swimming lessons again this past Saturday but it was so cold outside I could stand the thought of being all wet. We'll have to go this week!

BTW, I like your new look!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

i love it! We're doing swim classes again this summer!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

my girls would never keep their mouths closed and swallowed half the pool during lessons.

Nutty Mom said...

Looks like he's doing a great job, my daughter just likes to drink pool water, BLAH

Jennifer said...

He is doing a wonderful job swimming!

Deb said...

go roo! my boys love to swim... it's so good for so many things. looks like he's having a ball!

Keri said...

Man o man, he's almost the cutest thing I've ever seen. Next to my boys that is! Oh, he's just so precious. Glad he's lovin' the water.

Halftime Lessons said...

LOL What a great look on his face!! My kids love the water too...

I enjoyed your blog a lot...Thanks so much for participating in Tuesday's tribute...hope we see you again!!

Jay

Mrs4444 said...

OMGosh, he's beautiful. LIttle Sweetie!!

Mel Fraase said...

That looks way fun!!! I'd love to get Piper into that. Actually I think next year she'd actually be able to participate in mainstream toddler swim classes in the summer. How cool would that be?! CD looks like he just loves it, I bet he feels pretty free in the water!