January 14, 2009

Wordless Wednesday-#6


DSCN1015, originally uploaded by Leanna_Mom23.

My favorite zoo animal - the GIRAFFE. Isn't it beautiful?

Last summer we were fortunate enough to get to vacation in Florida. I took this picture while visiting their zoo. We even got to feed the giraffes. Our zoo (The Oklahoma City Zoo) doesn't have that option.

For more Wordless Wednesdays go to 5 Minutes For Mom.

16 other ramblers babbled:

Pam said...

The giraffe is also my favorite animal at the zoo. Everytime we go to the zoo my daughter and I fight over who gets the best view.

Deb said...

love, LOVE the giraffes! they are so regal, but kind of goofy, too. and their coat is so beautiful and their necks defy nature. love 'em!

iMother2.0 said...

awwwww what a YOUNG one, too! super sweet! Thanks for the smile :)

MOMMY-MOMO said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL picture!

The Rambler said...

That is a great photo!

We just saw the honolulu giraffes yesterday....and they were having a grand ol' time and running all over there space. It was fun to watch.

Dee said...

Awww..great picture! We go to the zoo ALL the time! My fav is the penguins!!

Chris said...

Great picture. Griaffes are really beautiful animals. We didn't get to the zoo last summer but I plan on dragging the fam out there as soon as it gets warmer. I know it's open year round but I am sure even the animals think it is too cold right now.

Sarah said...

Great photo. How fun that you were able to feed them, would love to be able to do that!

Keri said...

Just one of my all time favorite animals! Nice photograph!

Alrighty then, since you are up to the letter game, list your ten favorite things starting with he letter 'N'.

Rachel said...

Feeding the giraffes is our FAVORITE part of visiting the zoo. They are so beautiful. Such a beautiful pic.

Laura Marchant said...

That is a great shot! I can't believe you got to feed them. Our zoo doesn't allow that either.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! There's a zoo about an hour away from us where you can feed the giraffes too. It's so weird to see those long purple tongues but yet, so neat to get that close.

I like your picture a lot. I don't think I've ever seen a giraffe resting before now that I think about it.

Miss JC said...

Aww..I want to hug his neck! He/she is a beauty.. we should write a petition to the OKC and demand feeding time with these babies!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

Such a lovely picture. Summer, wild life, warmth.... oh, I'm dreaming....

lov said...

my flake loves the giraffes too

last year...one of the giraffe's at our zoo passed away during a stone extraction surgery...

flake was sad beyond words! :(

......
that picture is beautiful! :)

kel said...

I love giraffes!!! Have you seen the goofy snl digital short about giraffes???