February 27, 2009

Friday Fragments-MIA News

Friday Fragments?

for more FF go see Mrs.4444 at
Half Past Kissin' Time...


Yes...I KNOW...and I'm SORRY!! I have been MIA for a whole week and what the heck is up with that, eh? Actually, IF you followed me on Twitter (find me here) or befriended me on Facebook (and here) then you would catch these little snippets of my life. (it's a lot easier and faster to type in little blurbs while sitting at a red light or waiting during therapy)

~Poor Roo has been sick AGAIN! I knew something was going on when Sunday night he was literally awake ALL night. I was wondering why he was so crabby all weekend. Well, Monday morning he was actually a happy camper and giggling so I thought maybe his tummy had been bothering him again. Uh, no! Not that! He had RSV & double ear infections again and the doc said "he has asthma-like wheezing" (not actual asthma). So, they did a breathing treatment.

Monday, February 23rd, was Roo's (not so) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We were only having a small little party here at the house (since he doesn't know the difference). That didn't happen. He was so cranky and actually fell asleep a little early. I was exhausted so I went too.

~Ok..so I was trying to help Mrs.4444 figure out her Skype and I got to enjoy some pleasant conversation. Then I had to get back to work and she had to 'get ready' for her Mrs.4444 Cooks post. She was going to be making Chicken Spaghetti and we were comparing ingredients. It turns out we have different recipes so I told her I would post mine tonight.

Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

4 cups cooked chicken (3 big breasts - boiled)
1 bell pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 white onion
8-12 oz spaghetti
3 celery sticks
3/4 tsp salt
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb Velveeta cheese
1 can chopped black olives

Boil the chicken, remove & chop. Add spaghetti to broth and boil.
Saute bell pepper, onion and celery in butter. Combine the chicken,
bell pepper, onion, celery, soup, cheese & broth and heat until the
cheese is melted. Add spaghetti, salt, pepper and olives.

Pour into 2-3 10 X 13 pans. Cook 40 minutes at 350. ENJOY!!

If you try either one of our recipes....let me know what you think.

~Now, I am sitting here literally dozing off while I'm typing and Hubby is annoying the heck outta me cause he keeps nudging me! I'm fixin to let my foot fly and tell him I was having a dream! ;) oops...sorry, babe (not)!

I have only covered 3 of the 11 things I wrote down through this week....you can stay tuned to read the rest. Seriously, my nudger is now sawing logs...whatever!

Gnite!

10 other ramblers babbled:

Mrs4444 said...

Oooh...yum. I like the olive part :) Glad you're finally getting some SLEEP!

The Rambler said...

Oh, Happy Birthday Roo!
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuu....
I hope you feel better
And eat lots of cake tooooooo.

xoxo~Aunty Rambler :)

jennykate77 said...

Happy Birthday to Roo! Sorry he's been feeling bad. I think it's been going around everywhere!! The Chicken Spaghetti sounds YUMM-0! I'll have to write that down. Hope you have a good weekend...despite the return to winter were having here in OK!

lov said...

1. so glad you are back
2. yay for facebook, i totally just requeseted you as a friend!
3. boo for being sick :(
4. yum...yum on the chicken spaghetti!

Anonymous said...

I hope Roo feels better soon! The recipe sounds delish!

Chris said...

Poor Roo! I hope he feels better soon.
Happy Birthday Roo!

Impulsive Addict said...

Well thanks for making me hungry! I'm on a diet, remember??

Happy Birfday to Roo! Can you mail me some of the cookie? It's ok for my diet.

Leslie said...

Sorry to hear Roo's been sick. Hope he's doing better. I knew something must have been up to keep you away from "the blog"!

Recipe looks yummy!

Leslie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Roo!

Katy said...

Oh, darn....poor Roo being sick is not good. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm so sick and tired and tired and sick of SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My poor little one is not feeling well either....AGAIN as you say. I'm just ready for nice happy warm weather. I'm ready for nice and happy actually.
Happy belated birthday to the youngin and your recipe sounds fab!