Ta-Da, I Did It!

"Ta-Da! I did it!"

Roo received 3-4 injections of the Botox in each arm. We were so proud of him because he did not shed even one tear. As a matter of fact, he didn't fuss at all.


Now I just hope for the next few months, while Roo's muscle's are relaxed, his therapists can use this opportunity to 're-train' his brain to tell his muscles how to react without also fighting the spacticity.

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and your support! I am glad we made the decision to move forward with getting the injections. I will post more as we see progress.


Here's Daddy reading to Roo out in the waiting room. He was the best helper ever and kept Roo happy the whole time with a book.




Once Upon A Time


To see more awesome pics (and a little more of the story) go check out Roo's blog.


for more WORDFUL WEDNESDAY
see Seven Clown Circus

17 other ramblers babbled:

Marie Reed said...

What a trooper! I would have cried myself! Hooray for Roo!

More Than Words said...

What a big boy!!!

I love that picture of him & daddy!!

Hootin Anni said...

He did great! I'd have to say he did better than I would have done! What a sweet, sweet photo of him and his papa....I'd have that one enlarged and framed.


My Wordful is an update on my Sister's Day gift. It's very pretty right now. Come see if you can find some time today.

HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY this weekend. Happy Wednesday to you.

Run DMT said...

That's amazing! God bless.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Wow! What a brave boy!

ThatsBaloney said...

Yay - glad it went well.

MOMMY-MOMO said...

ahhh... poor boy. that breaks my heart :(

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love the photo of your boy and his dad.

Brenda said...

Good job! Its hard to get used to those needles, good for him.

stan said...

THat's a heartwarming account. Kudos to both parents for helping Roo through it!

Mel Fraase said...

You go, Roo! That is such a sweet picture of daddy and his little boy. I love it!

jennykate77 said...

Oh my gosh, Leanna, he's just precious! I'm glad he did so well during the injections! I'm praying that they work for him and improve his time during therapy.

Hope you're having a great day!

Ash said...

Yeah for Roo - and for Mama too!! Watching little ones get shots, the worst.

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Mother's Day,Rambler!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he didn't cry at all! That is amazing! I know God can do great things for your little pumpkin!

Stacy Uncorked said...

He's such a CUTE little trooper! :)

Wishing you a Very Happy Mother's Day! :)

Dawn said...

I'm praying those shots do exactly what they need to do!!

I'm glad he handled it so well.

Can you tell I'm trying to catch up on blogs?! LOL!