May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mom & Her Boys



These are the three reasons I absolutely LOVE being a mom!

Yes, they can be a lot (sometimes overwhelmingly a LOT)of work! But they are my reason for being. THEY ARE MY WORLD!

You know how when you are growing up you always hear, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"? Well, I still don't know what I want to BE when I grow up. All I know is I love being mommy to my three boys and I take my 'job' very seriously.

While on the subject of mom, I am so lucky to have the best mom ever and can only hope to be half the mom that she is! I was able to go stay with her for the past three days. I left the two older boys with Dad and took Roo. Uncle B and I took mom out to at Islamorada's. I would have loved to take pics because it was absoltely delicious....even though I ended up having to box mine up to take back to Uncle B's house and eat it there. Roo was tired and just wanted to take a nap on the floor....and being the mom that I am, I would not let him lay on the floor at the restaraunt.

While we were at Uncle B's house he took these pic (and more):


Happy Mother's Day



Mother and Daughter



Mom, Sister & Me


So, my Mother's Day (4 days) has been awesome!

First, my mom watched Roo for a little while on each of the three days we were visiting. Thursday, I went to the Tulsa MNO (Mother's Night Out), Friday was really 'for' my mom but that night around 9:00 pm I went to one of my best friend's house to visit, then Saturday morning Roo stayed with Grandma while I went to the Autism Center of Tulsa Fun Run. After the run (really a walk) we visited for a while then Roo and I headed back home.

Last night Hubby cooked filet mignon on the grill, with a baked potato, baked beans and dinner rolls. YUMMY!

Today, Roo announced his 'Happy Mother's Day!' wishes (yells) to me at 7:00 am. Luckily he want back to sleep allowing me some 'me' time with my cup of coffee so I could 'try' to catch up on things on the computer. It was almost 10:00 before all the boys started moving around.

Hubby gave me a card before he left for golf and the boys gave me their card when they woke up. Taz painted me a pretty painted pot with a rose plant in it. BA helped here & there with Roo.

In the meantime, we are doing research so I can get a new DSLR camera. I'm trying to decide if I would rather get a Nikon or a Canon.

Isn't Uncle B the BEST brother/photographer? These pictures below are ALL his too. We had been playing around and I wanted some pics with Roo. I was trying so hard to get him to laugh but it appeared his tummy wasn't feeling real well. We just did the best we could and I tried to lift him in the air a couple of times to get him to laugh....instead all I got was puke down my blouse! YUCK!

Uncle B said he sure did wish he had had the camera ready right at the moment that happened so he could capture the look on my face because I could 'see' it coming at me! LOL

(p.s. my one and only negative for today....I freakin can NOT talk! I feel perfectly fine, no soreness, no sickness, just NO volume! The only way anything comes out without sounding like a broken speaker skipping half of my words is if I whisper...and I swear everyone in my household is at least half deaf! Seriously, Hubby needs hearing aides but I'm sure the others just don't want to take the time to listen. LOL)

 

 

10 other ramblers babbled:

Abby said...

Happy Mother's Day! You have a beautiful family!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Great post! Beautiful family! Thanks for sharing!

The Rambler said...

Happy Happy Mothers Day RaMbLeR twinnie!!

You and the fam look FABULOUS!

xoxo.

ThatsBaloney said...

I love the pictures! It was so fun to see you TWICE this week!

Laura Marchant said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I love all of the pics. They are so cute.

The Mom Jen said...

Gorgeous photos sweetie!! Hope you had a lovely day!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Your Mother's Day photos are beautiful! Looks like you had a great day.

Dawn said...

You are so adorable!!

I'm so happy we got to hang out over the weekend. You are a ton of fun.

I hope you'll let your voice rest. I know it will take a force of nature, but you must rest it every now and then. ROFL!!! Love you!!

Your brother does an awesome job with pictures. Good luck on picking out a camera. It's a big investment!! I'd go with your brother's advice!

Mel Fraase said...

Awww, so cute! Happy Mother's Day!!

Mrs4444 said...

Man, your mom looks like she could be your SISTER! Nice.