December 13, 2008

Schweet Saturday

I just love lazy Saturdays! I remember those once upon a time, they came more often before we had our disabled child. He is very rarely not attached to my hip since he can't crawl, sit, stand, walk or eat without help.

I knew today would be schweet! The baby woke up around 7:00 this morning but Hubby was kind enough to get up with him. I remember hearing him fuss a little and I went back to sleep. Sweet bliss! And I got to sleep in really late...until 9:30, while snuggling with Hubby.

I leisurely got to enjoy my coffee, played with the boys a little, then took my shower. I had a nice visit with Grandma and Papa while Hubby finished staining all my new trim work he added in my kitchen/dining area. Then he watched the boys while I got to go on a movie date with a girlfriend. We went to see Four Christmases with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon.

All the big kids are now in bed, SM has a buddy staying the night and time for me to put Roo to sleep. It's been a great day!

6 other ramblers babbled:

Chris said...

I am glad you had such a great day. You deserve it.
So, how was that movie? I have been wanting to see it but haven't had time.

kel said...

I also love lazy saturdays and lazy sundays... and lazy mondays....

Mel Fraase said...

Sounds like the best day!! I totally understand sleeping in "really" late is 9:30!! I get those sometimes, too! Good for you! And please do tell us if the movie was good! It looked cute!

Leslie said...

Wow! That DOES sound like a great day. Your hubby sounds like a keeper!

Veronica Lee said...

I live only for Saturdays and my sleeping in can be as late as 11:30a.m !

Keri said...

Gotta love those Saturdays! Glad you had such an a great day. You totally deserved that and then some!