January 8, 2009

Friday Fragments - #3

Friday Fragments?


{deep breath}Ok,I thought I really SHOULD give an update on my whole lost check book and stinky mouse situation that I had NOTHING to do with on Monday.

First of all, I KNEW I did not loose that stupid check book and I told you as much on Not Me Monday. I knew I had 'put it away somewhere safe' so I would remember where it was at. Apparently, I put it IN the money bag that holds the money we raised at a garage sale to put in Roo's trust for his school. Makes sense, right? His cash, his trust account!
I'm pretty sure Hubby must have been jacking with me. He is the one that mysteriously found it. So, all is good, WE found the checkbook.

I want to give a special shout out to my friends from Twitter (and the Signing Time group) that were offering suggestions on where to look. Thanks...coffeemomof2 (Melissa), momtojesse (Erin), and momtorhett (Pam).

Now on with the whole stinky mouse deal. I had to sit here in my own home working and smelling that really nasty mouse all day. I swear I could taste the nasty thing.

I told Hubby that I did NOT care if he had to rip that whole cabinet out that I would NOT go back into our room until that smell was out of there. I guess he really does love me and wanted me to sleep in our bed with him cause he went in and ripped the bottom of the cabinet out, cleaned up the nasty mouse remains and scrubbed and did everything he could to get that smell out of there. It was rough for him since he has an extremely wimpy stomach.

Now I am cracking up because dear Hubby and I make quite the pair! He comes home while Taz and I went to get Roo from school. He calls me and is searching everywhere for his wallet. It's a wonder how we get anything done around here. So, he searches everywhere he can think of, I retrace his steps to help him search, and finally decided to check the job sight they are working at. After searching everywhere there and I had searched some more, rechecked the pockets of his jacket and still had no luck.

We were trying to figure out exactly what we would need to do since everything (his driver's license, social security card, 2 bank cards and one business credit card)was in said wallet. It could have been very bad for us. He decides to go back through his jacket again....what do you know? There it is on the bed as it fell out the sleeve of his jacket. I'm not quite sure how it got into the sleeve (maybe from the 50 times one of us had checked the pockets?) but at least we found it.

I also wanted to let you know my bloggy friends...I will be catching up this weekend on my reading and commenting. I have not forgotten about you!! Thank you so much for showing me some bloggy love both here and at the blog for Roo.

5 other ramblers babbled:

Deb said...

for some reason, "the blind leading the blind" comes to mind when i read that!

rip little mouse. glad that whole chapter is OVER! yuck!

Mel Fraase said...

Hope the wallet turns up! It really does sound like our house. DH's has been missing for ages! It's always something!!

Mrs4444 said...

You are a sweetheart, you know that? Loved this post. BTW, I added it to Mr.LInky for you tonight! :)

Mrs4444 said...

P.S. Mr.Linky is always at the bottom of my weekly Friday Fragments post on Half-Past KIssin' Time. Here's where I added yours:

http://www.halfpastkissintime.com/2009/01/friday-fragments_09.html

Thanks for playing :)

Keri said...

Glad your true love got rid of that stink bomb. I can't imagine how nasty it'd be to 'taste' it. Eww, gross!

Ah-ha, you two crack me up. I've mentioned it before and I'll say it again, you two are the perfect pair. Glad you two found Roo's check book and the wallet. You goobers.