January 16, 2009

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments?


So, here it is Friday already and time to spit out all those little fragments that have been floating around in my head all week. Ok, don't worry, there is NO way I could actually posts them ALL or I'm sure I would lose your interest by at least page three or four. You can, however, find other blogger's fragments by going over to Mrs4444's blog at Half-Past Kissing Time. Be careful though...it is so easy to get caught up in reading all her wonderful, wise advise she so kindly offers. (Mrs4444-you ever think it would be cute to have your title say Half Past Kissing Thyme - you know, cause you have the cooking segment? hehe-just a thought that floated through). Go see her 444th post giveaway.

Do you ever find it hard to get your posts added to your own blog...because you LOVE reading everybody else's? I do, sometimes. So, tell me, do they have a Bloggers Anonymous? I think I'm ready to admit I am addicted. Isn't that the first of the 10 step process? "Hi, my name is the RaMbLeR, and I'm a blog addict." I remember when I at least had the baby as the reason I was up all night. Now I find myself immersed in blog land and Hubby will come in (as I sit in Roo's floor with my laptop on my legs patting Roo on the butt to get him to sleep)and ask if I'm coming to bed. "As soon as I can honey. I have to get the baby to sleep first." He tells me he's tired and going to bed. Barely lifting my head up (with eyes STILL glued to the computer)I tell him "K, gnite, I love you!" he grumbles "Love you too" and off he goes. By the time I glance at the clock, I see it is three or four o'clock in the morning.

Ugh...yes, you read it right! Can you believe my insanity? What in the world am I thinking? I'm thinking..."I'm just gonna read this one, then I'll shut it down". Yeah, I believe myself as much as Hubby believed me. You bloggers!! I'm just going to blame you guys. Is that ok? If you weren't SO interesting and there weren't SO many of you! Oh, and I guess, if I didn't have to work all day (where I try to sneak in little snippets of reading here and there)then I could get all my blogging, blog reading, twittering AND keep my house caught up while all my boys are either at work or school....then I would think I was in heaven. See-addicted.

I'm gonna change the subject now...I've admitted my problem and feel I just need to move on. I am responsible for two blogs, this one and Roo's, over at Caring for Cole, so I'm not going away any time soon. I guess I'm really not ready for Bloggers Anonymous yet! ;)

Did I tell y'all how much my 7 year old cracks me up? He says the funniest stuff and there is NO WAY I can remember all the things he says or does. (Another great excuse for my blogging addiction...I'm really just documenting, right?)

I was sitting at my desk working late again (I must have been doing some extra-curricular reading that day!). Hubby, being so kind and understanding, was fixing supper - again. And we had this conversation:

Taz-I wish everyone in our whole entire family was a good cook.

me-Well, you could go practice. (trying to encourage him to go help Dad)

Taz-(smacks lips)Ummm, No, I won't need to that much. Remember, I'm gonna be a pro football player.

me-(understanding what he was getting at)Oh, so you will hire someone to cook for you?

Taz-Yea, pretty much.

Well, ok then...that's my boy! He's no dummy! If you don't want to learn how to cook then at least you have figured out a way to make enough money so you can just hire someone. It sure will be great if he could hire someone for me too. ;)

As I sit here typing, getting ready to enter my next little bit of jotted notes, Taz says "Mom, wouldn't that be funny if you wrote RagleFragleSnaggle?" So, I am! But not even sure if I spelled it right or what he meant by that. He makes for some good fragments...that silly goose!

Back to my notes...

Taz-Mom, I can't get 'THIS' hair to go down. (as he is pointing to a section of hair sticking out)

me-There, is that better? (as I comb it down for him)

Taz-Yeah, it's all POOFY!

me-Hang on, let me get this over here. (I smooth down another section sticking out)

Taz-I'm NOT a DISCO man!

me-WHAT? (What the heck does that have to do with me fixing his hair? Kinda random!)

Taz-{rolling his eyes at me incredulously, like I should know exactly what he's talking about}You know, I'm not a disco man with poofy hair!

Now WHERE in the world would he have gotten info to associate a disco man with poofy hair? The only thing I can think of is an afro (remember those back in the 'disco' days?). But, then again, THE disco man, John Travolta, did not have an afro OR poofy hair. It wasn't poofy was it? Hmmm, maybe it was a little poofy, camparably speaking. After all, those were the poofy days!

We are hoping to get to go to a movie tomorrow. It will be my time with Taz, the other two boys will be staying home with Dad.(Aren't you proud Mrs4444? See, I really did love your advise.) I'm not sure yet what we are going to see. I asked him what he wanted to see, I cant remember the exact name but it is the man's name & Mall Cop. So, I will be checking the times and when Hubby returns from helping his buddy do some work, we will go enjoy our time playing.

Just so you know, its not my fault, but I will HAVE to also be spending more time in blogland this weekend showing my bloggy friends some bloggy love. Man, you slow down just one day and now I have some catching up to do. I so appreciate the comments I get (cause it really makes me feel loved)so I will be coming by to leave some comments for you my friends!

OMGosh! I almost forgot again......I'm so sorry my twin! I wanted to introduce you guys to my twin The Rambler from Hawaii! I bumped into her on another blog and I was like "huh, did I type that? haha Kinda sounds like me! Oh, no, that's not me...is it? I must have been half asleep when I left that." I'm totally cracking up a I type this because I'm remembering just how confused I really was. Anyway, I clicked and went to see, and I read her blog. She is funny,passionate, beautiful and caring! Don't they call you a girl's girl when you get along great with the girls? Uh, I'm being serious...I don't mean get along great like in a girl that 'likes' girls way...I mean, she's a girl everyone wants to be friends with. She knows how to have a good time! I like that! They say everyone has a twin somewhere, right? I found mine!! Go say 'hello' to her too!

7 other ramblers babbled:

The Rambler said...

OMG...I'm sooo blushing Twin OK!

I died when you wrote your son was gonna be a pro football player so he can hire someone to cook for him. GENIUS!

Ivana Clay said...

I am sooo signing up for Bloggers Anonymous right along with ya! :) I guess that would explain why I am leaving you this comment after 1 a.m.!!! :) Have a great weekend!

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Rambler. I wanna give you a friendship award. Go grab it from my blog and I'm looking forward to read your N post.

kristi said...

Raising hand............Hi my name is Kristi and I am a blogaholic.

Grace said...

Hi Rambler, you got a cool blog in here. I enjoyed reading your post. :)

Mrs4444 said...

And here I was going to claim you as MY twin! I could totally relate to the "G-nite honey, I'll be right there!" Wait til you find yourself getting up an hour earlier in the am, just so you can read blogs without anyone knowing you were already on for an hour. SHeesh. I do need an intervention...These Fragments rock, and I love that you and your boy got the one on one. Have you noticed any benefit yet?

Mrs4444 said...

P.S. Are you on Facebook?!