MOM of the Year

Did you see my post yesterday where I told you I will be getting the MOM OF THE YEAR! award?

Looks like my buddy Mel over at Fraase Family agrees I should get the award. I haven't gotten the complete 'down-low' on just how I (little ole me-the RaMbLeR) inspired her....but apparently I have. I'm guessing she is starting to see all my faults... :D I will be the first to admit I am NOT the perfect mother! I just do the best I know how and thank God when we all make it through every situation still intact.

So, you may ask how I inspired her?? Well, she designed this award for me! Now we can all share the love and pass it along.

This is what Mel says: This is what I say to that:

We've all been there. Yes, every day, 24/7, I'm stuck right in the freakin middle of it. (Even when I don't want to be. Thankfully most of the time I do want to be.) As hard as we try, sometimes we don't catch every little sign that something's wrong. This would be most of the time because, like Taz, I live in 'my own little world' a lot of the time. ;) We aren't able to prevent every bump or bruise. What are you talking about? I can never prevent them and sometimes I encourage them. That's the best way to learn, right? We love our children with all our hearts (this I DO indeed), but we are only human (some may beg to differ). Super-mom has her kryptonite. Yea, and lots of it! We would not be parents if there were times we didn't regret something (whew, good thing, guess I qualify then), if we feared we had somehow irreversibly damaged them by some slight on our part. I swear this is why Taz IS THE WAY HE IS! (sorry Taz)...see below for explanation/confession) Yet our children seem to be OK. Sometimes I'm not so sure. ;) They love us unconditionally and we love them. OK, I'll believe that. Although, BA did tell me before (as he went stomping up the stairs to his room) "I HATE YOU!". So, I yelled up the stairs, at his back, "OH YEA, WELL, YOU WILL LOVE ME AGAIN THE NEXT TIME YOU WANT SOMETHING!"...guess I told him huh? WE LOVE THEM....that is what matters. Yea, and I remind them that, it is because I LOVE them that I am spanking their little bottoms. (yes, I DO believe in spanking, although I don't know why I even bother, the older two have both told me my spankings don't hurt. So, I can honestly tell them "this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you') So don't be so hard on yourselves. Sorry, just my nature. As parents we do all that we can and leave the rest to God. Amen! Don't beat yourself up for that one little thing. What about the next four or five?
That being said I am introducing a new award... (and it was me? that inspired you? you must think I'm a wonderful mom...or NOT?....lol)

Alrighty, just like with every other award I've seen, there are RULES! And, children, you better listen to your MOM! (that would be ME for this year, thank you very much!)

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!


MY STORY:

Oh man!! Usually it is Hubby that spills the beans on this one, cause I still feel SO guilty about it! I have to say my prayer first! "Lord, I've met some really cool people here and I feel really safe and secure here in BlogLand... please don't let them judge me! Please show them in their hearts that this truly was an accident! That I love all of my children with all my heart! Let them see that I am NOT a total moron....sometimes things really DO 'just happen'. And, keep sending them back to visit me. Thanks!"

I don't remember the exact date or the exact age Taz was (cause I'm a good Mom like that) but he and I were in his room. He was sitting on his floor playing with his toys while I was changing the sheets on his crib. I had sat him right against my leg so I could make sure he was right there with me.

I do know he was not aggressively crawling quite yet but I kept feeling for him with my foot as I tucked the corners of the fitted sheet around the mattress. I was down to the very last corner, where you have to almost lift the mattress out of the bed to get the sheet around it.

I leaned, stretching to keep my toes on Taz, and had to stretch my arms just a little further when...........thump, bump, whaaa, bumpity, thump, thump, whaaa! OH SH*T! (I know, freakin potty mouth I am! Sorry! That is THE word that jumps out involuntarily during unexpected crisis. I hope my prayer to retain your friendship will still work.)

You guessed it! His room is upstairs! Yes, he crawled out of his room and did a nose dive down the stairs. Good thing Hubby is a ball player and that happened 'back in the day' when he was young and could move REALLY fast! He had jumped from the couch to the landing in a matter of only 1 (maybe half) a second.

I had come flying out of his room as soon as I realized what the sound was. You can only imagine the conversation (argument) that followed. Hubby started yelling "What the heck were YOU doing? You can't just leave him on the floor to crawl off! You KNOW the stairs are right outside his door!". Me yelling back, while boohooing from the over whelming guilt, "Well, he was RIGHT THERE! I could feel him! I just HAD to get that one last corner! HE CAN"T CRAWL YET! OMG-HE CRAWLED! He's crawling!". Hubby, "DUH!"

Ok, so I forgive Hubby for making me feel like even MORE dog doody than I already felt! Honestly, don't be too harsh on him. He was feeling his own guilt for choosing to watch whatever sport was on the tv at that moment instead of hold his baby so Momma could get clean sheets on the baby's bed.

THE LOVE!

1) I LOVE to wrestle with my boys! and to watch them all giggle and wrestle with each other and with Daddy!

2) I LOVE to go be their number one supporter! Brett's musical talent (playing tuba in the marching band, playing at concerts and even on his X-Box playing Rock Band..he's unbelievably good), Shane's athletic talent (he is a natural and ROCKS! at baseball, football and he has even played soccer and was the lead scorer having never played before), Cole's therapies (he works so hard and you can see he WANTS it).

3) I LOVE to set the example of how a Hubby and wife should be! I think we do a good job showing the boys how they should treat their spouse and how they should be treated, for later in life.

4) I LOVE the way we can all be comfy around each other, have good conversation. OR sit in silence and that be ok. (sometimes wonderful!)

5) I LOVE that I have been able to work from home for the past 8.5 years. It's a great feeling to be able to be here FOR them IF they need me. (it's not an option for me to not work at all)

6)I LOVE that none of us leaves each others site without out being told "I love you!". Typically it's a bear hug, kiss and I love you. I give BA (the 16 year old) a break if I am dropping him off at work or school.... then it is a knuckle tap and I love you.

7) I LOVE the fact that I KNOW, even though BA and Taz fight right now, if anything ever happened to both me and Hubby, BA would be responsible enough to make sure all three boys would stay together. And, he could/would take care of Roo! he already is awesome with all his help!

5 Mom Nominees:

1) Heather @ Our Incredible Journey (cause I've heard your stories of wonderfulness..lol)
2) Katy @ Fun With the Baker 5 (cause you always post so sweet...time to fess up)
3) Chris @ What's in Sissy's Head (I know you can let it spill...I have faith)
4) Midwest Mommy @ Mommy from the Midwest (thanks for the comment love on both blogs)
5)The Rambler @ My Rambling Thoughts (duh-my twin .... last but not least)

Alright ladies! If you feel you have earned this award then .... prove it!! That goes for all you other moms reading this (sorry I couldn't pass it on to all). Fess up!! I need to read your confessions to make me feel better... (this is all about ME, right? Mel made the button from inspiration from me). Show me I am NOT the only candidate for this award!

14 other ramblers babbled:

The Rambler said...

NO Way!

You totally just made my farking week! Seriously.

Will so do this for the next post coming.

I am so thrilled you are teaching your boys the best way to treat their spouses/better halfs. Great role models indeed.

I so wanna hug you on the 'confessional'. ugh. ugh. ugh.

How I heart thee.

And of course you got this award...Cause YOU are the AWE to my SOME! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You totally deserve it!

Dawn said...

That is one of my worst fears!! I freak out over the stairs!

I'm so glad your little one was hurt. Whew!

Congrats on your award. I have my post up about my bad parenting moment as well. :)

Melinda said...

Saw you were following my blog and thought I would stop by to say hello. Can't wait to get to know you better : )

Unknown said...

stopping in to say hi...now i am off to check out your blog
congrats on the award!

lov said...

yay!!!
congrats!!

i love your story! :)

and the fact that you told on yourslef....makes you a great mommy!!

Mel Fraase said...

Thanks for playing along, and for being my inspiration! I love your add'l comments, you've made it even better!! YOU ROCK, MOM!!
Luv ya!

Chris said...

Okay lady. I played along and posted my story. It was a hard one of me to tell.
Thanks for tagging me.
I like your story. Totally forgivable. I think if we were all "Perfect" parents our kids would end up being screwed up anyway because they would have no mistakes to learn from.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on the award! It's fun reading all the stories.

Thanks for visiting me!

Stacy Uncorked said...

You ROCK for 'fessing up that story... I think something like that has happened to all mommies - or at least the ones with stairs... ;) You tagged Chris and she tagged me, so I suppose I'm going to have to 'fess up on my stair story, aren't I? Well, at least you won't feel all alone when I do...(grin!!!)

Impulsive Addict said...

What a horrible mom you are! HA! Just kidding! It sounds like you're a wonderful mom! Don't be so hard on yourself. Just have a drink (or 3) and relax my friend! It's all good!

Michelle said...

Stopping by to say hi! Thanks for coming by my blog. I have added you to mine! :)

The Hopeful Elephant said...

OK, OK ...I did it! :)
You're so funny! I love ya!

Mrs4444 said...

Just popping in because I miss my bloggy buddy (CRAZY busy again this week!) I'm glad your little guy survived. I'll never forget hearing Kendall's walker bounce down the basement stairs way back when (she, too, was fine, but what a scare!) Not my fault, though, so I'm in the clear (at least for that one). Love that adorable badge. Wear it proudly! :)