February 8, 2009

Awards and Tags

WooHoo!! My bloggy buddy Stacy @ Stacy's Random Thoughts had a back log of awards and tags to go through so she picked me as one of the many to pick and choose which ones we wanted. So, I will take the awards I don't have and complete the tags.

Like Stacy, I have gotten behind on a couple that friends have sent my way. So, IF you sent me an award or tagged me and I still haven't posted on it, PLEASE remind me and I will. And, I apologize in advance if I forgot.

First up is this Life is Grand award:
This first award is cool and this is my first time to receive it. I'm supposed to list 5 reasons why I think that Life is Grand and then pass it on to 5 people.





1. I have been blessed with 3 wonderful boys!
2. I LOVE my Hubby...he is an awesome father, spouse and my best friend.
3. I am thankful for all the love and support from family and IRL friends that are here if/when I need them.
4. I am amazed and oh so glad to have found my way into this bloggy world and have met so many sweet, wonderful, beautiful, hilarious, fun people.
5. I realize that none of the above would make my life SO GRAND if it weren't for my God!

Now I am going to follow Stacy's lead for picking out who to pass each of these on to.

See the end of this post for who I'm passing this on to... ;)


Next up is this Lovely Blog Award:


The Rules for this one are that there are no rules. Woohoo! (I think there is apparently a difference in opinion here, some have rules, some don't.....I'm going to stick with the no rules!)

See the end of this post for who I'm passing this on to... ;)

So, moving on...next is a Friendship Award
:



Below are the 'rules' for this award for you to follow. I have previously been given this award a few times now (thank you SO much!! I feel so loved!) so I'm not going to follow the rules but will include them for you to follow if you wish.

The award comes with the following instructions:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

See the end of this post for who I'm passing this on to... ;)

Next Up - Honest Scrap:

I have also received this award a couple of times (again, thank you!) and below are these rules.


Here are the rules for this award:

a) List 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! and

b) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


1-10. See below things about me and/or my previous honest list here.

See the end of this post for who I'm passing this on to... ;)

And so now we come to Tags...




Stacy was tagged... Last month Elizabeth from A Nut in a Nutshell with '7 Random Things about Yourself, then she got tagged with it again by Life is...all about Lifelong Learning. Then FireflyShop and FireFly Thoughts tagged her with one that asks for 20 Random Things...I agree with Stacy - sheesh! I also don't know if I can keep people's interest with 7 Random things, let alone 20, but I'll give it a try too! She didn't think hers would be interesting but I found that they were...very!

20 Random things about ME:

  1. I have always been a tomboy.

  2. I love to have a reason to dress up and feel pretty and girly.

  3. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

  4. I'm pretty sure that I have NEVER been shy, not EVER.

  5. I work from home so I can be here for my family.

  6. Sometimes I get lonely and wish I still worked in an office (I miss the socializing).

  7. I am very laid back and easy going.

  8. I have NEVER been to even one day of college.

  9. My natural hair color is dark brown, but I make it darker (to cover the gray). ;)

  10. I have to have my morning cup of coffee to start the day...then I switch to Diet Dr. Pepper in the afternoon. ***(I try to get more water in but I always need the caffeine)

  11. I smile 99% of the time...drives some people nuts. If I don't feel well or am upset you can definitely read it in my eyes.***

  12. I have a quick wit and a unique sense of humor - I like to keep people on their toes.*** (I have learned this as a defense mechanism from Hubby.)

  13. I had fertility problems, especially when I was younger. (I took fertility drugs to get pregnant with BA then didn't think we could have any more after trying everything except invitro after which I got pregnant with Taz-9 years after BA.....Roo was a total, lovely, surprise.) And, I have had a miscarriage (two years before getting pregnant with Roo).

  14. I get sidetracked a lot. I'll start one thing then start something else until I have several things going at once until I figure it's best to finish what I started and work my way through to the end. I call it multitasking. ;) ***(and often I may not get the task completed)

  15. I'm eternally optimistic. Pessimists drive me crazy!
  16. I love to go to the movies and could see the same movie over and over because I never remember the details. Hubby can quote lines from movies but rarely watches them.
  17. Some may say I am ornery.......I don't know WHAT they are talking about!
  18. I do not embarrass easily and will talk about anything.
  19. I love being a mom and a wife (this truly IS what I want to be when I grow up) but I don't like to clean or cook. I just want to play and have fun!
  20. WooHoo! I made it to 20... Now you can just forget everything you just read and move on...I've told you too much already. ;)***

OK, that's enough for today...

Like Stacy, I feel there are so many bloggers who deserve all the wonderful awards, but I think I'll limit it to 25. If you already have any of these awards, do with it what you want...if you have some and not others, do with it what you want.... If you have none of the above awards, congratulations, you've just hit the jackpot! ;) If you want to play along with the Tag, knock yourself out. Enjoy, have fun, good luck!

Stacy, thanks for some of the wording (I kept a few things and revised a few things to fit me!).

I just want to say THANK YOU again to those that have bestowed any awards to me - and I'm pretty sure I've missed a few, so I apologize for that. If you sent me an award and I missed it, please feel free to email me and nag me about it, and I'll get it posted as soon as humanly possible. ;) So without further ado, here is my list of 'Award Winners' (in no particular order):

1. It Flickers Dimly
2. Fraase Family
3. The Rambler (twin)
4. Seven Clown Circus
5. Of Mice and Ramen
6. What's in Sissy's Head
7. Jam's Own Reality
8. Sunflowers and lov
9. Mommy from the Midwest
10. Dawn's Diversions
11. Bloggin it from the Burbs
12. Decisionally Challenged
13. The Froggy Bottom Blog
14. Confessions from an Impulsive Addict
15. Fun with the Baker 5
16. Maggie's Mind
17. Where the Green Grass Grows...
18. Queen-sized Funny Bone
19. Cheaper Than Therapy
20. My Therapy
21. A Nut in a Nutshell
22. Country Mouse, City Mouse
23. Waiting for a little Vlachster
24. Now with Baby
and I saved this one for last cause I STILL owe her some SHT before she will accept any awards from me (I swear I haven't forgotten....just been a little under the weather in my house)
25. Half Past Kissin Time




7 other ramblers babbled:

The Rambler said...

speaking of that....are you feeling any better? At all?

And did you get my FED EX package of hunky man to do all the cooking, cleaning, heavy lifting, carpooling?? What?

Oh, crap he's still outside washing my car...(hehe, a little overtired humor).

lov said...

yay!!!
awards!
and you were totally busy!
one of my least favortie things to do in bloggy land is get all the links working!
as i know that is an easy task....but...yet so very hard for me to like! :)

i love your life is grand reasons....
and all your things about yourself!
(i totally did that on facebook...so WHEN you join facebook, you can get tagged, your work is already done!)

:)

thanks for the award!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that you can't remember movies either and I'm forever getting sidetracked. I never get anything done because of it.

Thanks so much for the awards and congrats on yours!!!

Tenakim said...

awww- thanks! I also smile ALL the time and people think something's up!

Leslie said...

Wooo hoo! I saw my name in there! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Impulsive Addict said...

You.crack.me.up!!

Okay..so for you to smile 99% of the time, do you put vasaline on those pearly whites like the models and pageant contestants? I'm pretty sure I only smile 52% of the time. I am currently trying to work up to 56%. Wish me luck!
;0)

Chris said...

Wow! Looky, Looky at all the awards. How fun. I that you are a tomboy and like to be a pretty girly girl at the same time. I side track easily too and am also a huge movie watcher.