What do you think? Roo's new wheels are awesome, right?

Monday morning I was scheduled to go in early to Roo's school so I could pick up his new bath seat (later post). When I walk in I see a pretty shiny blue KidWalk (walker) close by. So, of course, I start getting SO excited!

Yes! This was Roo's new wheels. His KidWalk had come in! We appreciated the use of the Rifton the school had let us borrow so Roo could get around but he has so much more fun and can actually maneuver his KidWalk a lot easier.

The Rifton (as do most gait trainers and walkers) has wheels that stick out in front and would get stuck on everything. This KidWalk has everything beside or behind him. Now IF he could use his hands he would be able to reach to open doors, turn the t.v. off and on (he has already been checking this option out), and easily get around corners.

This is so great to have this piece of medical equipment as it helps him feel a little more independent and let's me get other things done since he can move around on his own.

Today his daddy went to pick him up from school so I could go work out and when I pull up into the driveway they were outside playing. Roo was rolling around everywhere and quickly. He also was so much happier tonight and actually went to sleep easier.

This is a good work out for HIM and will help him build his muscles!

(p.s. for those few of you that read both of my blogs, sorry for the dup posts. i just wanted to show the KidWalk to those that may not follow Roo's blog...I was so excited.)



for more WORDFUL WEDNESDAY
see Seven Clown Circus

19 other ramblers babbled:

Pamela said...

amazing things they make now --
one hundred years ago he wouldn't have been so mobile. I love it.

Anonymous said...

How awesome for Roo.

cat said...

I am new on your blog and wow, what a great invention! Good luck to Roo.

Deb said...

oh this is fabulous news! i know how much something like this can revolutionize life for you ALL, especially mr. roo.. yay!

Anonymous said...

The design of the chair is awesome! Yay Roo!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

That is a really cool chair. Nice shots.

Dee said...

That is amazing! He has very cool wheels!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

How awesome! And just in time for spring!

Abby said...

That is a very cool looking piece of equipment. I have never seen one of those before. I have had kids that used Riftons and I agree that there are some problems.

Susie said...

That is a great piece of equipment. I hope it makes his life easier.

Michelle said...

That is so awesome! What a great set of wheels to help him get around!

Leslie said...

That's a very cool walker. No stopping him now...

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

How wonderful for Roo. It must just make your heart sing!

Mel Fraase said...

Sweet ride!! I'm totally thrilled for Cole. I hope he gets lots more good workouts!! Watch your toes!
(hee hee)

I am Harriet said...

That's Great!
How adorable!

kristi said...

Fan Freaking Tastic!!

The Hopeful Elephant said...

You know this just makes me cry! I am so blessed to have you...I know how liberating this HAS to be for everyone and just knowing that for once he has a sense of accomplishment...ahhhh! Give him a high 5 from his buddy! They'll cheer each other on!

Stacy Uncorked said...

How cool is that? Yay Roo! :)

Katy said...

Yay for Roo! I bet he does love this. Good exercise for him!!