BEFORE


AFTER



Well? How'd I do in my picture taking and editing? - Be honest!

This is BA's beautiful girlfriend E. I think I mentioned before that they had the prom to go to....but that is another post.

I just used this picture to experiment with in Lightroom. Yes, I now have three options for my picture editing. Photoshop Elements, Photoshop CS3, and Lightroom.

I previously has a huge mess of pictures all over the place on my computer and had so much trouble finding a particular picture I might want to use. I had so many folders that had sub-folders with sub-folders.

None of my pictures had a uniform naming system. Some might have the date, some with an actual 'title' where I had changed it, and some with DSCNXXXX, etc. that the camera would automatically enter.

This was driving me crazy! ...ok er - crazier!

I spent most of my day Sunday (in my PJ's, as previously stated) narrowing down and getting rid of most of all of my sub-folders.

Then my brother, Uncle B, helped walk me through Lightroom (LR) and now all of my pictures are in order (by yymmdd-hhmmss). Ah, it is beautiful.

So, this afternoon I have been playing with all the fun editing that LR has to offer. I also know that I will be searching for some tutorials to show me what all LR can do for me...but I love it so far.

I won't be giving up on my PS CS3 because it still has things to offer that I might not find in LR. I will just have to play with them both.

Just in case you noticed in my last post (at the very end, I went in today to have a minor surgery called an ablation. A few people I have talked to have said they no longer have that monthly visitor.

To have this procedure you have to be certain you no longer want to have any children as this is permanent. No problem for me, this old lady has already had her tubes tied.

Previously the procedure was typically performed as an out-patient surgery under anesthesia. If I have the option I would rather not be under anesthesia simply because of all the grogginess and slight nauseousness.

I had mine done in the office, with all kinds of drugs (of the prescription variety). I will be honest, it wasn't the most pleasant experience but I would definitely do it again...especially if I get to be one friend less every month (and the only friend I want to be rid of).

So, my obgyn and nurse did everything to make me as comfy as possible. I got anti-inflammatories, and pain meds and gave me a shot of Toradol while there. I could deal with all the prepping with no problems. There was pressure but nothing intolerable.

Then.....YOWZERS!! It did hurt a little (or maybe a LOT) when the tool suctioned my uterus out! On the plus side, since I have had kids I knew I could deal with it. The machine will not go over 2 minutes and mine was just under one. It will be SO worth it!




for more Wordful Wednesday's go to
Seven Clown Circus










18 other ramblers babbled:

More Than Words said...

Great editing job!!

And boy oh boy..what a way to end your post..lol. I just had a vision of a uterus going up a vacuum!!

Cassie said...

Very nice picture! I really like the editing. Good job :)

The Rambler said...

Nice pic editing.

And I just crossed my legs when you said vaccuming the uterus.

Uh, just did it again!!

Dee said...

I'm still thinking OUCH!!

But anyway, you did a great job on the photo!!! I have PSP9 and its a little over my head. I want photoshop!

Veronica Lee said...

Great editing job!!

Mel Fraase said...

Okay, seriously jealous of CS3 because I don't have the $$ for it right now. 7.0 will have to do! You did a great job with the photo!! Beautiful!

ON THE OTHER HAND, not at all jealous of the ablation. Um, anti-interrogatories? Do you mean anti-inflamatories? Or were they pressing you for top secret information while being tortured? Gotta love spell checker!!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Very nice!

Oh, and I do my hair up like that every morning. Ha ha ha! :o)

Leanna said...

Mel - yes, gotta love it...Is anti-inflammatories even a word? It's not even an option on the spell-checker-do-ma-hickie! ;~D

April said...

OMG....I will never have that ablation procedure....UGH.....makes me hurt just thinking about "having my uterus suctioned out".....I'll be keeping my friend!

Leslie said...

YIKES! Are you doing ok RaMbLeR? I think I said in my last post that you are my idol. Still are!!!

...where was I? Oh yeah, good job on the picture!

Happy WW!

kayerj said...

beautiful photo, love the editing

Here’s my WW hope you can stop by!

Melinda said...

Gorgeous editing! I am so jealous you have PS and LR. What I wouldn't give for just one of those : )

Unknown said...

I love LR!!! I use it all the time!! You did an awesome job!!

Enter to win a TILTY Sippy cup double pack!
http://www.sensiblefinds.com/2009/04/tilty-giveaway.html

Staci A said...

You did a beautiful editing job! Great photo!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I love hair up and done for the
prom. It is beautiful.

Brenda said...

You did a great job on that second picture, I love it!

Mrs4444 said...

Freaky. Very freaky. (the uterus thing)

Personally, I prefer the first pic. I'm not a fan of gold hues that were added; too bright (less natural.) Just my opinion (which you asked for, remember :)

Unknown said...

That procedure sounds painful! I am glad you are ok and I am especially glad that you took lots of drugs. A good drug is hard to beat... : ).