Roo in the NICU


Cheaper Than Therapy
for more ATWT see
Cheaper than Therapy



I know...hard to believe that 'I' could be speechless, right?

Since a little over a week ago I have been in such a funk. Certainly not my silly RaMbLeR self. For my bloggy friends that do not Twitter then I will explain...those that do have surely heard all the buzz going on here in blogland.

ALL ABOUT MADDIE
On April 7 I spotted a Twitter that I could not help but check out and it lead me to the blog of a very good friend (Meghan) of Heather Spohr. Through more following I then found Heather's husband, Mike Spohr's blog.

With every piece of information my heart broke just a little more for Heather and Mike. Piece by piece I was putting together this sad ending to the story of their beautiful precious 17 month old little girl.

This little angel's name.... Madeline. Heather lovingly referred to her as Maddie Moo and to Mike she was "Madeline….to my Chicken Muffin Love Bear… to my Mooseroni…my chippy, chippy, chippy, chippy monkey, to my little girl".

It has been amazing to see the love and concern and caring spread like wild fire all over Twitter and through blogland asking for help and support which you can find on the above mentioned blogs.

Here is the heart touching tribute Heather and Mike made for Maddie.


The Tribute to Our Madeline from Mike and Heather on Vimeo.


AND THEN THERE WAS THALON
As if my heart was not breaking enough I see another tweet about another death of a sweet innocent little baby. His name...Thalon.

I don't know the complete details of all that happened but I was lead to his mother's blog Gorillabuns through her friend Whoorl where you can tell by her words that she is so broken without her baby.

This sweet little boy was only on this earth from December 22, 2008 - April 10th or 12th or both, 2009.

picture of Thalon by mom Gorrillabuns

And these deaths of these two precious fragile babies makes the memories of my visits in the NICU with my own very sweet Roo all too fresh!

I hate to even go there in thought! Reading about these tragedies and how sudden they both were. It brings the possibilities and the vulnerabilities of Roo way too close to home. With him having Cerebral Palsy he is more susceptible to illness than a typical child.

Like I said before, it just breaks my heart for these families even though I don't personally know any of them and I truly wish that I could reach out and give them...whatever they are needing to get through this.

23 other ramblers babbled:

Mel Fraase said...

Hug your kiddos extra tight for me tonight!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

I don't know what's going on these days. There must be a shortage of Angels upstairs. My heart breaks for these families, and all I can do is just make sure my babies know how much they mean to me.

Faith said...

How horrible, and sad, and unfair .. I don't even know what to say! My heart is breaking for these families :(

Sarah said...

Very heartbreaking. It's a good reminder that nothing is forever so appreciate it now!

Dee said...

I have just sat and cried and cried. This completely breaks my heart and makes me remember to cherish every small moment!

Angela said...

He is cute even then! I read these stories a few nights ago and they break my heart. I can't even begin to imagine losing one of my children. My friend lost her son about 6 mos ago and watching her makes me appreciate my life all the more!

Andrea Frederick said...

And now I'm counting my blessings! Thanks for sharing!

Abby said...

Every one of these stories breaks my heart. It makes me want to go hug my little man right now.

Anonymous said...

Our children are definite blessings. These stories just break my heart. I'm glad your little Roo pulled through back then.

jennykate77 said...

I've heard about these stories on Twitter and blogland. They are both so sad and unfair. My prayers go out to these families. It does give us a chance to be grateful for what we have, and a reminder to not take anything for granted.

Hugs.

MediMonsters said...

Another former NICU mom here too!! And a NICU nurse. So yes, I hug mine everyday!

Great picture and wonderful tribute.

Leslie said...

There are certainly times, when life just does not seem fair. We try to explain it, understand it, then we just end up having to accept it. My heart breaks when I hear stories like that.

It's a reminder to me, that in life every day is a gift...

Mariah said...

My children were preemies too and my heart aches for the turmoil that these families are going through.

The Mom Jen said...

Oh your sweet Roo! Hug your babies tight!

Unknown said...

such sad so sad losses...there really are no words....
Hug those you love then hug them again

Ash said...

Both my boys (6 and 3) sat in my lap and watched the whole video. To them, it was funny pictures of a beautiful girl enjoying her mommy and daddy, who will go on to have more fun times.

I did not break the magic.

I can't not imagine.

Rose said...

I can't stop crying.

Keri said...

Extremely heart breaking!

Unknown said...

This is so sad. It breaks my heart. I love blogging and I feel like I pray more than ever now because there are so many terrible things happening out there in the world. I will pray for your sweet baby today! I am glad he is home safe and sound with you!

Katy said...

My heart hurts for these families and other stories such as this. I am so grateful for my babies and their health.
Hope you are doing wonderfully. Give little Roo some kisses from us.
Haven't heard from you in a while, hope you are good.

ThatsBaloney said...

Oh how I wish life were fair. Sending my love and prayers out tonight.

ThatsBaloney said...

BTW - tagged you on my blog today. Meant to email you, also. I will be in Stillwater for the spec olympics on Thursday the 14th. I'm forcing the Doc to join me this year!

Shangrila said...

Sometimes we need to be given a little perspective. Thanks for being my reality check today.